Monday, January 11, 2010

Be careful what you ask for...

Hah.

A drought of progress, indeed. Within a week or two of that last post, our house sold, with a quick close. We finished and moved in to our new home. The real drought in San Antonio finally ended. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. New directives and directions in Church and at home. A very strong Godly push to quit skirting the issue and deal with my work/career situation (more on that another time). Lots of rain, figuratively and literally, has washed my drought away.

Suddenly, it is almost 4 months later, though it feels like its been closer to a year. A confession - my writing isn't the only thing that was lacking over that time. My dialogue with God turned into more of a monologue, with me yammering on about my plans, and my schedule, and how I was going to move forward on my path to personal happiness. God let me talk (and talk and talk and...), but eventually he started to interject again.

This weekend, He leaned in and -really- got my attention again. At His urging, my life is about to take a sharp turn, so I've decided to pick this little indulgence back up to help me keep things in better perspective.

Hopefully, the future holds more listening, contemplation, and writing than the last few months. This blog will likely be indicative of whether I can hold true to that. Hope to see you more regularly from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment